Torture Accountability Action DayJune 25th in Washington, DC 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM ~ John Marshall Park
Outstanding Speakers :
- Enver Masud is founder and CEO of The Wisdom Fund (est. 1995), and recipient of the 2002 Gold Award from the Human Rights Foundation for his book The War on Islam.
- Marjorie Cohn is president of the National Lawyers Guild and a professor at Thomas Jefferson School of Law
- Marcus Raskin is cofounder of the Institute for Policy Studies in Washington, D.C.
- Njambi Good is Director of Counter Terror with Justice Campaign, Amnesty International USA
- Demissie Abebe, Torture Abolition and Survivors Support Coalition, Executive Director
- Kevin Zeese, director of VotersForPeace.US is a board member of VelvetRevolution.US, filed 12 complaints seeking Disbarment of Cheney/Bush Torture Lawyers
When : There will be tabling from 9 A.M. to 11 A.M. & continuing after Rally. To reserve a table please contact us at http://tortureaccountability.webs.com/contactus.htm
Rally : Speakers from 11 a.m to Noon
March : Departs from Rally site at High Noon to the Department of Justice
For more detalis go to : http://accountability4torture.com/
Sponsored by :
Action Center for Justice, After Downing Street, Amnesty International, Bryn Mawr Peace Coalition, BuzzFlash, Coalition for Peace Action, Code Pink, Consumers for Peace, Democrats.com, Eldoradans Against Torture, Global Exchange, High Road for Human Rights, Historians Against the War, Indict Bush Now, Individuals for Justice, Marcus Raskin, National Accountability Network, National Campaign for Nonviolent Resistance, NJ Peace Action, NJ People's Organization for Progress, Northern Virginians for Peace and Justice, Polygraph Radio, Peace Action, Peace and Justice Forums, Portland Peaceful Response Coalition, Progressive Democrats of America, Project Vote Count, School of the Americas Watch, Senior Action Network, The Torture Abolition Survivors Support Coalition, US Labor Against War, Veterans for Peace, Voters for Peace, War Criminals Watch, Washington Peace Center, We Are Change LA, Witness Against Torture, World Can't Wait